Re: translations in new LilyPond website [WAS: Re: New LilyPond website]

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: translations in new LilyPond website [WAS: Re: New LilyPond website]
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 19:14:54 +0000

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 12:23:06AM -0500, Paul wrote:
> What if we separated the design and implementation steps? First, come up
> with a design that just uses css and simple html (nothing fancy, no library
> dependencies, etc.), one that offers responsive design for smaller screens,
> etc.

That's more or less exactly the point behind [1]: work on the CSS
without fussing about the underlying HTML.  It resulted in one new
LilyPond contributor [2], who began cleaning up the CSS.

[1] https://github.com/gperciva/lilypond-web-css
[2]
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lilypond.git/commit/?id=ca2a46da10e1f627b68e7243958749b8ec007f43

Unfortunately, due to a combination of real-life problems and the
threat of throwing away the existing website, her interest in
working on this has dried up -- and I don't blame her in the
least!  I'm waiting for things to calm down, and then maybe I can
convince her to re-start.

There's also a technical tool which can help this process; I
mentioned that on the -devel list and hope to make it available
soon.

Cheers,
- Graham