Re: Different spacings indifferent staves

From: Les Éditions Valmajour - pg
Subject: Re: Different spacings indifferent staves
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 19:27:16 +0100

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your interest! Yes, I'd like to go further in this. The thing is that the solo and piano part are not necessarily corresponding in terms of rhythm; the solo starts to play alone some random rhythms on the written notes, and after a few seconds the piano starts, with the arpeggio, but there is no notion of precise tempo or vertical correspondence of rhythms between the 2 instruments.

That's why I'd like have the solo notes at an equal distance to each other and the piano arpeggio randomly placed on the staves, but of course I can't place it "really" randomly, so lily tries to make everything look right, when I just need the opposite :-)

If there is another way to write this ijn Lilypond, I'm very interested!

Pierre