Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.20.0, Frescobaldi 3.0.0, python-ly 0.9.5

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.20.0, Frescobaldi 3.0.0, python-ly 0.9.5
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 22:14:34 +0100

> I just released the source packages for Frescobaldi 2.20.0, Frescobaldi
> 3.0.0 and python-ly 0.9.5 today. (I couldn't way until my birthday early
> March :-))

A self-contained application bundle of Frescobaldi 2.20.0 for Mac OS X
10.7 (Lion) and above is available at
> https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/releases

A pre-built application bundle of Frescobaldi 3 is in the works, but
due to some difficulties in running and packaging Frescobaldi 3 on
Mac, it may not appear very soon.

As keeping the full set of dependencies of Frescobaldi up to date in
the various different flavours (32 bit and 64 bit pre-Lion, Qt4-based
(Frescobaldi 2) and Qt5-based (Frescobaldi 3) post-Lion) is very time-
and disk-space-consuming, I decided that I will no longer upload the
32 bit application.

Also, for the time being I will not upload the 64 bit pre-Lion application.
I built the application on OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), discovering that
it would not run on pre-Lion systems only after many hours of updates:
unless really necessary I'm not going to spend the same time again in
the next days on the pre-Lion machine.

I recommend users of Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and below to install
Frescobaldi through MacPorts.
In case you need help for this, just let me know.

Best wishes.
Davide