2.19.* breaks lyric placement in temporary polyphonic context

From: Guy Stalnaker
Subject: 2.19.* breaks lyric placement in temporary polyphonic context
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 10:13:34 -0600

I've searched both the list archives and LilyIssues and do not see this reported.

I use temporary polyphonic contexts a lot in my choral compositions. I see that using any version of 2.19 breaks lyric placement if there are slurred notes in /voiceOne against which lyrics should be placed. There are some regression testing examples for polyphonic contexts and lyrics, but they do no use the following lilypond structure which I have been using for several years:

<<
{ \voiceOne }
{ \new Voice { \voiceTwo } }
>> /oneVoice

In this example in version 2.18.*, for the word "waters," the syllable "wat" is engraved on the measure 2 slurred "gs'2( a')" with "ers" on the a'2 of the next measure. In 2.19.* the slur is not factored in the lyric placement and "ers" is engraved on the a' in measure 2 and not in measure 3.

<code>

\language "english"

test = {

<a' fs'>2 <cs'' fs'>4 <cs'' fs'> |

<< { \voiceOne

     gs'2( a') |

     a'2. s4

   }

   { \new Voice

     { \voiceTwo

     e'1 |

     e'2. b'4\rest

>> \oneVoice \bar "||"

}

verseTestVoice = \lyricmode {

  side the still wat -- ers.

}

testVoicePart = \new Staff { \global \test }

\addlyrics { \verseTestVoice }

\score {

   <<

     \testVoicePart