Re: Double time signature when there are grace notes

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Double time signature when there are grace notes
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 00:02:34 +0100

> Am 11.02.2017 um 13:51 schrieb Thomas Morley:
>>

>> Arnold has put up some work to get a more automagic workflow.
>>
>> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=990
>> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=978
>>
>> IIRC his work is not finished, so you probably will need to fall back
>> to grace-spacers sometimes...
>>

> This actually solves my problem - thanks for pointing me there!  I'm
> relieved there is an existing fix.
>
> This looks like it should be the standard behaviour of Lilypond. Can anybody
> tell how the chances are of integrating this into off-the-shelf Lilypond?
> Would be really convenient.

The bug you encountered is one of our oldest and infamous ones:

We already provide the grace-spacer-workaround in NR
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/special-rhythmic-concerns#grace-notes
(scroll down to "Known issues and warnings")

I already suggested to put the LSR-snippet into the docs or even point
to it in the NR
https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/34/?limit=25&page=1#2eca
but with little success.

Though, be aware it is _not_ a bugfix, but basically a rather nasty workaround.
Hence I doubt this coding will ever be part of the source-code.

Cheers,
  Harm