Re: Position of fingerings

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Position of fingerings
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 13:14:45 -0700 (MST)

Max Xiong wrote
> How do I make the first fingering of a chord appear on the top staff line?
>
> Example:
> {
> <c'^1 e'^3 g'^5>
> }
> Is there an easy way to make 1 appear on the top staff line and 3 and 5
> above it? Thanks!

Hi Max,

What version of LilyPond are you using?

Have you checked out the fingering section? Lots of good info there about
how to position fingerings on top, side, etc.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/inside-the-staff#fingering-instructions

i.e. \set fingeringOrientations = #'(left)

etc.

-----
composer | sound designer | asmr artist
LilyPond Tutorials (for beginners) --> http://bit.ly/bcl-lilypond