Re: can't move note columns in both voices at beginning of a bar

From: Stefan Thomas
Subject: Re: can't move note columns in both voices at beginning of a bar
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 17:36:11 +0100

Hello everyone,
thanks for Your help. Sorry, that I couldn't clearly explain what I wanted, but Malte (fortunately) had the right idea: I wanted to have more place after the barline.
The code
      \once \override Staff.BarLine.extra-spacing-width = #'(0 . 11)
did the right thing!

HI Stefan,

Even with the help from the others on the list, I can't quite figure out what you want, or even what is wrong. Is it that you want more space after the bar, or something else? It's not clear to me musically what you need this for. If you can elaborate a bit I am sure I have a couple of solutions for you.

This seems to work by the way at 2.19.54. I always recommend the development versions - they are made with such care by the team I have only ever encountered one bug in four or five years.

Andrew