Re: Initialize new grob property

From: Timothy Lanfear
Subject: Re: Initialize new grob property
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 12:49:34 +0000

On 26/01/17 09:08, Urs Liska wrote:

Am 26.01.2017 um 09:56 schrieb Timothy Lanfear:
Maybe ly:grob-set-object! or ly:grob-set-property! They have identical
descriptions although the implementations differ.

Thanks, but I have the impression that these affect the created object,
basically to do what \override does. But I want to ensure that a grob
*without* any explicit override to still have that default value.

Of course I could test if the propery is set to a meaningful value, but
that sounds somewhat unclear to me.

Best
Urs

Doesn't set-object-property! do what you need? "In obj's property list, set the property named key to value."

https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/docs/docs-1.8/guile-ref/Old_002dfashioned-Properties.html#Old_002dfashioned-Properties