Coordinates of the noteheads a tie/slur is attached to

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Coordinates of the noteheads a tie/slur is attached to
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 14:19:06 +0100

Hi,

how can I find the coordinates of the two note heads a tie or slur is
attached to?

I need to write a new stencil for these curves and want to hook that not
to the staff origin but to the actual note heads.

There is some code in
https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/blob/master/notation-snippets/shaping-bezier-curves/shapeII.ily
that does this (esp. in get-extremal-head and in notehead-placement),
but somehow I have the impression that code is more complicated than
necessary. Apart from that IIRC this is exactly the part of \shapeII
that seems to be problematic with current LilyPond.

So, before I start to actually try understanding that code I'd like to
ask for some pointers how I could better approach the question.

Best
Urs

--
address@hidden