Problem with Null Voice changing length of stems on beamed notes

From: palartu
Subject: Problem with Null Voice changing length of stems on beamed notes
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 18:29:00 -0700 (MST)

I'm having problems with NullVoice. Its very practical for my needs and it
serves its purpose but it also make me angry very often.

When using *NullVoice* in Staff context, it changes *length of stems on
beamed notes*. Try to compile this example and see an output. When you
*comment* line with Null Voice, *length of stems changes*. It depends on the
*position of the notes in staff*. Sometimes, stems are shorter, and
sometimes, longer.

****************************
\version "2.18.2"

aligner = { c'8 b16 c'16~ c'4 fis'2 }
alt = { a8 g16 a16~ a4 a2 }
sopran = { c'8 b16 c'16~ c'4 fis'2 }

\score {
  \new Staff <<
    \partcombine \sopran \alt
    \new NullVoice = "null" \aligner

}
*********************************

Moreover, if you try to replace *part combine* line with

\new Voice { \sopran }

the behaviour is the same. It doesn't matter if I'm using two voices or one
voice or partcombine, behaviour is not consistent. I've tried to fix that
manually in Inkscape, but I've had enough. It's too much work to do and I
want to be more productive (read: lazy).

Please, tell me that I can have consistent behaviour for this problem within
Lilypond.

Thank you for your time and answer.