Re: Experience with several import filters

From: karl
Subject: Re: Experience with several import filters
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:47:29 +0100 (CET)

Urs:
> thanks for the detailed feedback. Could I summarize this as "it does
> work but not really satisfactorily. Depending on the kind of input there
> will be substantial cleanup to be done"?

Yes, I think so.

> Do you actually use it in your work,

I have tried to use midi2ly but found I wanted to clean up the output
so I made the script http://turkos.aspodata.se/git/musik/bin/tidy_midi.pl
However I didn't like result so I started my work on
http://turkos.aspodata.se/git/musik/bin/miditoly.pl to see if I could
do any better. Part of my answer was what I started to describe in
http://turkos.aspodata.se/git/musik/bin/midi_to_lilypond.tex

> or did you just make something up upon my question?

I don't understand what you mean by "make something up", it sounds
negative, but I don't believe you ment it that way.

///

BTW, there is another converter in http://web.mit.edu/music21/ but I
have some trouble installing and running it (missing lilypond).  And
I'm getting trouble compiling lilypond itself, partly because of the
guile-1.8 req. So I haven't hade any chanse to test it.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data
Lilla Aspö 148