LyricExtender and alternate volta ending

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: LyricExtender and alternate volta ending
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 13:36:15 +0200

Hi all,

I'm porting a project I made on 2.11 to 2.19 and every now and then I encounter some things that worked with the old version but not anymore with the new one.

The most recent one is the behaviour of the LyricExtender in the alternate endings. In 2.11 you could fool the system to add the an empty extender by adding \markup { "" } in the lyrics but that does not work anymore with 2.19. The current manual *) suggests adding underscores manually but that is an ugly workaround especially if the passage in the alternative ending is long (as I have in the real world example).

Is there any way to do this more dynamically?

-Risto

*) http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/techniques-specific-to-lyrics

-----

\version "2.19.49"
% \version "2.11.65"

music = \relative c' \new Voice = "music" {
  \repeat volta 2 { c4 c c c ~ }
  \alternative {{ c2 c }{
  c2\repeatTie a4( c) }} \bar "|."
}