Re: Vertical placement of title, tempo, segno

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Vertical placement of title, tempo, segno
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 09:59:11 +1100

Hi David,

All this time and I never knew you could omit the layout-object from the tweak command. Thank you for pointing this out!

So Alasdair, you can just say:

    \tweak outside-staff-priority ##f
    \mark \markup {\small \musicglyph #"scripts.segno"  }

Andrew

On 28 December 2016 at 03:37, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> writes:

> HI Alasdair,
>
> You can usually control the vertical ordering of objects with the outside
> staff priority setting, Half the fun is working out what sort of object
> each thing is. A mark is a RehearsalMark.

Any reason not to use a \tweak rather than a \once \override?  Saves you
from figuring out such things.