Re: Which Linux distro for Lilypond

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Which Linux distro for Lilypond
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2016 09:51:47 +0100

Il giorno dom 25 dic 2016 alle 6:52, Jacques Menu Muzhic <address@hidden> ha scritto:
I use LilyDev 4 (Debian 8 / Jessie, native GUI I guess) on a Mac with VMware Fusion, on which Lilypond dev versions compile seamlessly.

LilyDev 4 uses LXDE (which is not the native GUI.. I chose it because it's lightweight and not too different from Windows GUI). LilyDev 5 (Debian 9 / Stretch, still testing), recently released, has LxQT, successor of LXDE. By default it ships with guile-2 so you currently have to checkout the guile-v2-work branch to be able to compile lilypond.