Re: Overlapping Characters in markup

From: Nathan Ho
Subject: Re: Overlapping Characters in markup
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 12:48:40 -0800

On 2016-12-23 08:07, Br. Samuel Springuel wrote:
[...]

While \translate works, and I can manipulate the offsets via trial and
error, I'm stumped as to the units.  I found the documentation for the
function (lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/align) and
it's companion \translate-scaled, but some idea as to the units (for
either function) would be useful for coordinating this faked character
across the project.

Hi Samuel,

Sorry, I was wrong -- you should use \translate-scaled, not \translate. As far as I can tell, \translate uses staff spaces. \translate-scaled also uses staff spaces, but multiplied by the magnification of the font size relative to a font size of 0. It doesn't seem that \translate-scaled is aware of any font metrics like em size.

Nathan