Re: Circled numbers for live electronics

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Circled numbers for live electronics
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 12:15:04 +0100

> SoundsFromSound wrote
>> Thank you for this very useful code! I can use this in my electro-acoustic
>> works for sure.
>
> I am glad to hear you found this useful! And because the function has a
> markup section, it should also be easily hackable depending on how you want
> your scores with live electronics to look like (e.g. some people prefer to
> use dashed lines instead of arrows for this sort of notation).
>
> By the way, I also added it to the LSR.

Hi Gilberto,

I had a look into your code here:
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=1047
and now come up with the shortened version below.
What do you think?

\version "2.18.2"

LEtext = #(define-event-function
     (parser location N vlength description)
     (number? number? string?)
      #{
        -\markup {
          \hspace #-1.2
          \center-column {
            \raise #1
            \combine
            \arrow-head #Y #UP ##t
            \draw-line #(cons 0 (- vlength))
            \combine
            \halign #0 \circle \transparent "888"
            \halign #0 #(number->string N)
          }
          \raise #(+ -2 (- vlength)) $description
        }
      #})

LE = #(define-event-function (parser location N vlength)(number? number?)
     #{ \LEtext $N $vlength "" #})

{
  \textLengthOn
  c'1\LE #1 #3