Re: Overlapping Characters in markup

From: Nathan Ho
Subject: Re: Overlapping Characters in markup
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 21:18:52 -0800

On 2016-12-22 20:10, Br. Samuel Springuel wrote:
If I wish to create a markup command that combines two characters from
different fonts (the normal Roman font of the file and another font
which provides special glyphs) in an overlapping fashion, how would I
go about doing that?

Thus far I have the following which has both characters, but no overlap:

[...]

Hi Samuel,

\combine will overlay characters, and \translate lets you nudge things around to get them aligned properly.

\markup { \combine V \translate #'(0.3 . 0.4) \override #'(font-name . "greextra")  }

Nathan