Re: Variable weirdness

From: Timothy Lanfear
Subject: Re: Variable weirdness
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 11:15:05 +0000

On 17/12/16 17:04, David Sumbler wrote:
Further to my earllier message, I have realized that the problem I am getting has nothing to do with variable scope (at least, I don't think it does), so I was asking the wrong question.

But the problem still exists.

I can't say I understand what is wrong with your attempt, but here is a version that does work and may help you to move forward. By using Scheme directly, you can see exactly how the bits are assembled.

\version "2.19.48"

printFluteA =
\new Staff \relative c'' {
  b1 | c \bar "|." |
}

printMvtOne =
\new StaffGroup <<
  \printFluteA

printScoreMusic =
\bookpart {
  \score { \printMvtOne }
}

ScoreBook =
\book {
  \bookOutputName "foo"
}

#(begin
 (ly:book-add-bookpart! ScoreBook printScoreMusic)
(ly:book-process ScoreBook $defaultpaper $defaultlayout (paper-variable ScoreBook 'output-filename)))

--
Timothy Lanfear, Bristol, UK.