Re: how to extract few measures from S A T B + piano score all staff at

From: karl
Subject: Re: how to extract few measures from S A T B + piano score all staff at the same time
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 14:46:25 +0100 (CET)

MING TSANG:
> 1. Is it possible to extract measure 89 to 95 for all staff that
> will generate pdf and midi as well?2. the pdf retain bar numbers
> 89 to 96.
> I can comment out measures 1 to 88 and 96 to 110. But I have to
> do it on every staff. It will be wonderful if just say
> \extractmm 89 95 inclusive and the measures 89 to 96 are extracted
> from all staff.

Read page 512 ("3.4.2 Skipping corrected music") of:

 http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation.pdf

Example:

get IIIc.ly, score_glb.ily, IIIc.ily, score_ps.ily, score_midi.ily from

 http://turkos.aspodata.se/git/musik/WAMozart/requiem/

edit IIIc.ly to:

\version "2.19.0"
%{
\header {
  title = "Sequenz"
  subtitle = "Rex tremendæ"
  composer = "W.A. Mozart"
  arranger = "Süßmayr"
}
%}
\include "score_glb.ily"
\include "IIIc.ily"
PB = {
%  s1*17 \break
%%% this is added
    \set Score.skipTypesetting = ##t
    s1*4
    \set Score.skipTypesetting = ##f
    s1*5
    \set Score.skipTypesetting = ##t
%%% up to here
}
\include "score_ps.ily"
\include "score_midi.ily"

build your ps/pdf file and compare to page 18 of
 http://turkos.aspodata.se/choir/osthammar/mozart/requiem.pdf

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data