Re: mmrest-of-length and \cadenzaOn

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: mmrest-of-length and \cadenzaOn
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 12:37:15 -0700 (MST)

Nick Baskin wrote
> On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 1:16 PM, SoundsFromSound <

> soundsfromsound@

> wrote:
>
>> Nick Baskin wrote
>> > Hello all,
>> >
>> > I'm trying to typeset a piece where one player has an unmetered cadenza
>> > while every other player rests. I'm trying to use mmrest-of-length to
>> > generate the rests, but if I use \cadenzaOn, I get the error
>> "programming
>> > error: Multi_measure_rest::get_rods (): I am not spanned!" and the
>> rests
>> > are not printed. This error doesn't happen if I use skip-of-rest
>> instead,
>> > but in that case, I don't get the rests.
>> >

>> > Thanks in advance,
>> > Brin

> Hello Ben,
>
> Maybe it's an issue with the screen shot, but it looks like there's no
> rest
> in the lower staff in the screenshot? But it's interesting that the error
> message disappears with the development version as opposed to the stable
> one; any thoughts on what might have changed?
>
> Brin

Hi Brin,

You are correct, however I just thought perhaps you could find it useful if
you knew at least I was not seeing any errors like you were - perhaps you
can try your score in a 2.19 version just as a test? Not sure what's changed
but, no errors here. :) Let us know what happens.

-----
composer | sound designer
LilyPond Tutorials (for beginners) --> http://bit.ly/bcl-lilypond