mmrest-of-length and \cadenzaOn

From: Brin Solomon
Subject: mmrest-of-length and \cadenzaOn
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 10:52:55 -0500

Hello all,

I'm trying to typeset a piece where one player has an unmetered cadenza while every other player rests. I'm trying to use mmrest-of-length to generate the rests, but if I use \cadenzaOn, I get the error "programming error: Multi_measure_rest::get_rods (): I am not spanned!" and the rests are not printed. This error doesn't happen if I use skip-of-rest instead, but in that case, I don't get the rests.

Here is a minimal example that demonstrates the problem:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\version "2.18.2"

MyCadenza = \relative c' {
  c4 d8 e f g g4
  f2 g4 g \bar "|"
}

\new GrandStaff <<
  \new Staff {
    \cadenzaOn
    \MyCadenza
    \cadenzaOff c'1
  }
  \new Staff {
    \cadenzaOn
    #(mmrest-of-length MyCadenza)
    \cadenzaOff
    c'1
  }

I'm running version 2.18.2 on Mac OS 10.11.6. Is there a different command I should be using to get a full measure rest while I'm using \cadenzaOn?

Thanks in advance,
Brin