Re: Help with "edition-engraver" lilypond documentation

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Help with "edition-engraver" lilypond documentation
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 20:25:56 -0700 (MST)

Jan-Peter Voigt wrote
> the edition-engraver is not part part of lilypond proper (yet).
>
> For a long time docs for the edition-engraver are on my agenda, but ...
>
> Thanks for poking me to restart action on this matter!
>
> Jan-Peter
>
> Am 02.12.2016 um 01:45 schrieb SoundsFromSound:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I recently did a search for "edition-engraver" lilypond documentation and
>> couldn't really find anything at all.
>>
>> Can someone direct me to a manual or help file that explains what exactly
>> the edition-engraver is, how it is used, how you can use it to tweak
>> elements of your score, and basic how-to topics? I am very confused on
>> how
>> it is used, although it seems from what I have read so far that it's very
>> powerful in helping you to edit your scores to perfection.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.

Jan-Peter,

Thanks for the information.

I was eager to learn more about this engraver-edition because it sounded
very promising and powerful - and I've yet to use it! I understand that it
takes time and energy to provide helpful documentation with examples, but if
you get around to it, for sure I'll keep an eye out.

Thanks for taking the time to consider this! Much appreciated.

-----
composer | sound designer
LilyPond Tutorials (for beginners) --> http://bit.ly/bcl-lilypond