Create a bookpart with a scheme function

From: Freddy Ouellette
Subject: Create a bookpart with a scheme function
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 15:24:04 +0000

I am transcribing music from the 1500s. I would like to include the original facsimile in my arrangement as EPS files that take up entire pages. These EPS files are dispersed between the pieces. I have to create separate bookparts for them because I need to have \paper blocks - I don't want my normal footer on these pages. Is there a way I can create a dynamic bookpart that does all of my formatting for me, but simply has a different EPS file per part? This is what I want:

\book {
  \bookpart {
    \score {
      % arranged music...

  \facsimile_page #140 #"eps_file.eps"
}

and this function will insert this bookpart :

\bookpart {
  \markup \null
  \header {}
  \paper {
    bookTitleMarkup = ##f

    evenHeaderMarkup = \markup \fill-line { \epsfile #X #130 #"***eps_file.eps***" }
    oddHeaderMarkup = \markup \fill-line { \epsfile #X #130 #"***eps_file.eps***" }
    evenFooterMarkup = \markup {
      \fill-line {
        \column { \vspace #-63 \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string }
        \null
        \null
    oddFooterMarkup = \markup {
      \fill-line {
        \null
        \null
        \column { \vspace #-63 \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string }

Is it possible to use Scheme/Guile to create this bookpart each time I call the function? Any time I try to create a function like this, the page just doesn't show up at all.

Thanks for any help.

Freddy