Re: Solution to 7 over sqr(71) time against integer polyrhythms

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Solution to 7 over sqr(71) time against integer polyrhythms
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 23:45:29 -0500

On Nov 16, 2016, at 11:09 PM, mclaren <address@hidden> wrote:

> "You do realize, don't you, that if you had just asked for help creating
> that music, Kieren would have helped you and taught you some of his coding
> skills (and he IS really good, BTW). "
>
> Not likely. What I realize is that Kieren is good with photoshop.

Ah, poor deluded mclaren… I don’t even own Photoshop (or anything like it).
Or more to the point of how you seem to be approaching things: “When all you
have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail."

Note that in the snippet below, I fixed the last “single note” tuplet that I
hadn’t noticed was there the first time.

Regards,
Kieren.

%%% SNIPPET BEGINS
\version "2.19.49"
\language "english"

\layout { ragged-right = ##f }

carpentermusic = {
  \cadenzaOn
  \omit TimeSignature
  \override TupletNumber.text =
#(tuplet-number::non-default-tuplet-fraction-text 100 99)
  \override TupletBracket.shorten-pair = #'(-1 . -4.5)
  \stemUp
  c''2
  \tuplet 10/9 { b'2
    \tuplet 10/9 { a'
      \tuplet 10/9 { g'
        \tuplet 10/9 { f'
          \tuplet 10/9 { e'
            \tuplet 10/9 { f'
              \tuplet 10/9 { g'
                \tuplet 10/9 { f'
                  \once \override TupletBracket.bracket-visibility = ##t
                  \once \override TupletBracket.shorten-pair = #'(-4 . -4.5)
                  \tuplet 10/9 { e' }

\score { \carpentermusic }
%%% SNIPPET ENDS

Kieren MacMillan, composer