Re: Solution to 7 over sqr(71) time against integer polyrhythms

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Solution to 7 over sqr(71) time against integer polyrhythms
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 22:25:09 -0500

Hi mclaren,

Great. Glad to hear it. Since you're a master virtuoso with lilypond, you
should no trouble entering the following photoshopped score fragment into
lilypond and compiling the score and getting a pnd or svg file out:
[…]
We'll wait while you whip that right out and show that png file to us.
Remember, it is a poor carpenter who blames his tools.

Here’s what I got out of Lilypond (no external applications of any sort) in about four minutes of coding:

I could have tweaked the stem lengths to exactly match your sample, flattened the tuplet brackets, etc.… but I just don’t care that much.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info