Re: Ties break the ability to add lyrics

From: Mojca Miklavec
Subject: Re: Ties break the ability to add lyrics
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 14:30:44 +0100

On 14 November 2016 at 13:31, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While trying to add slightly more complex fingerings (button label +
> finger number) on top of some scores, I'm facing a problem with ties
> on the following structure:
>
>   << {f'2~} {s8 d'4.~} {s4 b4~} {s4. g8} >>
>   <f b d' f'>4. <f f'>8 |

I just realized that I could probably use the technique mentioned in

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/techniques-specific-to-lyrics
    Polyphony with shared lyrics
like
    \new NullVoice = "aligner" \aligner
but that will add yet another layer of complexity (or let's better
call it "yet another repetition of the same thing and yet another
option where things could go wrong") to the already annoyingly
error-prone way of entering button names.

(It would be really awesome if I could enter button names and finger
numbers right next to the music itself.)

Mojca