Re: need help

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: need help
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2016 12:35:33 +0100

Noeck <address@hidden> writes:

> Welcome Peter,
>
>> 1. What application do you recommend - Frescobaldi or Denemo ?
>> (at http://lilypond.org/easier-editing.html)
>
> This is difficult, because there are of course advocates for both, in
> particular the developers.

I don't find it difficult at all: if you want to discuss things on
_this_ list from a user point of view, Denemo is not an option:
Frescobaldi is an IDE for letting you write LilyPond code while Denemo
is an application for _not_ making you write LilyPond code yourself.

The end results will be comparable (as long as Denemo's capabilities
match your requirements) but for arriving there, you'd rather consult
the Denemo list than the LilyPond list when working with Denemo.

> I never had problems with the latest version called 'unstable':
> http://lilypond.org/development.html

We had some real nasties in the 40s.  Maybe you did not update then.
Basically "unstable" means that you should be prepared to install newer
or older versions comparatively frequently and occasionally sooner than
you planned for.  Most are working pretty well.

--
David Kastrup