Re: Changing voice order...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Changing voice order...
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 15:59:26 +0100

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

>> So
>> \voiceOne \voiceTwo \voiceThree \voiceFour
>> becomes
>> \voiceUp \voiceDown \voiceUpTwo \voiceDownTwo
>
> I would make \voiceUp and \voiceDown be the same as \voiceUpOne and
> \voiceUpTwo, respectively, so that we can write
>
>   \voiceUpOne \voiceDownOne \voiceUpTwo \voiceDownTwo

Here is another variant that's a bit bold:

\voice^1 \voice_1 \voice^2 \voice_2

This will syntactically take a fingering event as input.  However, this
does not work as

\voices 1,2,-2,-1 << \\ ... \\ >>

does.  I am not totally sure whether \voices ^1^2_1_2 << \\ ... \\ >>
might not be parseable (as a single post-event) but it won't mix with
symbolic names for voice contexts.  So while it is a cute replacement
for \voiceOne ... and is expressive concerning its direction, I am not
sure it's a winner.

--
David Kastrup