Re: Exited with return code -1073741819.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Exited with return code -1073741819.
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2016 15:23:21 +0100

"Andrew Bernard" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Ming,
>

> We have been through this before, I am sorry to say. You write
> lilypond code in a way that compiles, yes, but it is pathological in
> the extreme, to put it mildly. You set each and every bar as a
> variable, and when there are several voices, introduce new parallel
> voices in every bar. As an example for the others, this is what you
> do:
>

> lft.46 = { <<{g2 f2}\\{d1}>> |}
>
> lft.47 = { <<{r4 ef4~ <ef g>2}\\{g,1}>> |}

Those are not "new parallel voices": they still connect.  See:

{
  << c''1~ \\ e'1~ >>
  << c''1 \\ e'1 >>
}

<< ... \\ ... >> translates to
<< \context Voice = "1" ... \context Voice = "2" ... >>

so when the parallel voices line up perfectly in time, they still happen
to connect.  It still makes a hash of understanding the code and
debugging it and may well trigger rare problems in our context handling.

Without very good reason, choosing such a non-structure definitely looks
like creating more problems than it solves.

--
David Kastrup