RE: (OT?) Looking for sheet music with the code of the bottom of commerc

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: RE: (OT?) Looking for sheet music with the code of the bottom of commercial music
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 23:41:23 +1100

Hi Bernhard,

This sort of publisher code may be common in Germany but I have never seen it
here in Australia, at least, or in scores from Europe in general. Publishers
put all sorts of codes and private numbers on sheafs of pages for printing to
help with binding and so on, although this seems now old fashioned with modern
print machinery. There is no special search engine for this information unless
it is specific to some German publishing industry standard, but I doubt it.

Andrew