Re: Changing voice order...

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: Changing voice order...
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 12:01:19 +0000

On 10/27/2016 4:38 PM, David Kastrup wrote:
> I am a radical conservative: I want to keep everything the way it should
> have been from the start.

DAYMAKER!

I'm watching this voice-order discussion closely. I have no position on
how LilyPond should work with this. I've been using it for less than 2
years, often in cargo-cult mode, and really need to get around to
reading the manuals the whole way through.

Just before the discussion started, I discovered the voice-order issue
while trying to typeset the SSATTBB anthem "Prayer of Thankful Praise"
by Hal Hopson.
(This thing: hopepublishing.com/media/pdf/HH3905.pdf ,
https://youtu.be/N5PWE_uHkR4 )
I happily entered Soprano I on top, Soprano II below it, and Alto at the
bottom. It didn't do what I expected. I gave up and tried entering
chords for <SopranoI SopranoII> which then introduced me to \oneVoice
temporary voices at the end, where each of the song's 7 voices has
differing durations.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA