Re: Tie settings question

From: Karol Majewski
Subject: Re: Tie settings question
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 21:48:21 +0200

Now I realised that, according to my concept, tie should be lowered not only
when

(stem-direction == UP && tie-direction == UP && note-has-a-dot == true)

but also when notehead is placed on staff-line and not on staff-space. In other
words - when a dot is placed not on the same staff-position as notehead (we
know that when notehead is placed on staff-line then dot is shifted up/down).

So there should be fourth condition but I have no idea how to put it in scheme.
I need somethong like:

(if (> dot-position notehead-position)) // if dot is placed higher than notehead
(if (< dot-position notehead-position)) // if dot is placed lower than notehead

But how to define dot-position and notehead-position?