Re: forced break was overridden by some other event

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: forced break was overridden by some other event
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 20:29:21 +0200

Hi Federico,

> Thank you: it works, but a small glissando line appears on TabStaff only
> in the second bar of the example (see attached image). Probably a bug of
> \hideNotes..

That's what I thought, the last time I reported this. But apparently it
is not a but but a feature: The note (notehead, stem, flag) is hidden.
But the attached things (slurs, etc.) are not hidden. This way, you can
add slurs and glissandi to a note that is hidden to fake some endpoint.

I also expected the full music to be hidden with \hideNotes when I used
it in music teaching examples where I just hide the solution from the
working sheet. But I was told that \hideNotes is not the tool for that
purpose.

Cheers,
Joram