Re: Dorico release and tutorials

From: Gilles
Subject: Re: Dorico release and tutorials
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 15:35:17 +0200

Hi.

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 09:21:32 -0400, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi Gilles,

Doesn't the page number depend on how the previous material
has been typeset?

Not if breaks are forced, etc.

Unforced breaks can depend on previous margin settings,
possibly making the numbering wrong when the user reruns
the compilation with different settings.

It seems to me that, rather than "specify the global-staff-size
for individual pages", it should be "from now on, magnify the
global-staff-size so that <n> systems fit the page”.

Why “rather”? Why not “in addition to”?

Because (I guess that) the former will not likely produce
the expected output, particularly when there are many pages.

Unless you mean that the typesetting should only rely on
forced breaks.

Regards,
Gilles

Cheers,