Re: Dorico release and tutorials

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Dorico release and tutorials
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 12:44:22 +0200

Am 19.10.2016 um 12:41 schrieb David Kastrup:
> Pierre Perol-Schneider <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I just watched the vids. One thing I appreciate is the pages layout
>> possibilities.
>> It would be great if LP had something like:
>>
>> \paper {
>>   %defaults settings:
>>   right-margin = 10
>>   left-margin = 10
>>
>>   %specific page settings:
>>   \page #1 {
>>     right-margin = 20
>>     left-margin = 20
>>   }
>     page.1.right-margin = 20
>     page.1.left-margin = 20
>> }
> I'm not saying that we currently have this, just that this would be one
> possible interface.

That looks very nice.
On a related note (not knowing whether Dorico has this) it would also be
great to be able to specify the global-staff-size for individual pages.
It's pretty common in larger orchestral scores that you have only a
small number of pages where you need the full orchestra and want to have
smaller staff size.