Re: No readline in scheme-sandbox

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Re: No readline in scheme-sandbox
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 21:47:39 +0100

On Sun, 2016-10-16 at 21:19 +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> David Sumbler <address@hidden> writes:
>

> > Further to the above, I find that if I type
> >
> > /usr/local/lilypond/usr/bin/guile
> >
> > then readline works just fine.
> Guile 2.0
>

> >  But not when guile is invoked with
> >
> > lilypond scheme-sandbox
> Guile 1.8

Sorry, this hasn't helped me.

True, if I type 'guile' it runs /usr/bin/guile-2.0, but if I type
/usr/bin/guile-1.8 readline also works.

Presumably when I type 'lilypond scheme-sandbox' it runs the guile at
/usr/local/lilypond/usr/bin/guile, rather than the one in /usr/bin/.
 As Lilypond seems to have readline files in
/usr/local/lilypond/usr/lib/ and
/usr/local/lilypond/usr/share/guile/1.8/ice-9/
I would have expected readline to work.  Why are the files there if
they can't be used?

I'm guessing now - do these perhaps belong to an earlier version of
Lilypond, and have not been removed when I do 'uninstall-lilypond'?
 And has readline now been removed from the guile that comes with
Lilypond?

And if so, why?  And if not, I'm back to my original question: why
isn't readline loading?

David