Re: Controlling hairpin length - revisited!

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Controlling hairpin length - revisited!
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 14:10:15 -0400

Hi David,

> But I realise that often what I need in order to get satisfactory
> hairpins is more space between the note heads, and simply moving the
> ends of the hairpin does not reposition the relevant notes.

Have you tried adjusting the minimum-length?

%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
\version "2.18.2"
\language "english"

after =
#(define-music-function (parser location t e m)
     (ly:duration? ly:music? ly:music?)
     #{
         \context Bottom <<
             #m
             { \skip $t <> -\tweak extra-spacing-width #empty-interval $e }

     #})

testing = \relative e'' {
  \override Hairpin.minimum-length = #5
  e8 cs ds d \after 4 \> \after 4 \mf cs2\< ~ cs4 d8(\p cs)
}

\score { \testing }
%%%  SNIPPET ENDS

Hope that helps!