Re: Wrong alternative numbering when some are empty

From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Subject: Re: Wrong alternative numbering when some are empty
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 23:45:12 -0400

On Mon, 3 Oct 2016 19:45:48 +0200
Pierre Perol-Schneider <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi D'arcy,
> Maybe this could help: http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=915

I tried using this to explicitly number the alternatives but it messed
up the score.  I can't do it exactly as shown because I have created
includes that hide that part of the code.  In any case it seems really
complex. Am I wrong in thinking that it should display the current
alternative and not just the one after the last printed one?

  \mark \markup \italic "repeat 4 times"
  \repeat volta 4 {
    \BassVerseA
  }
  \alternative {
    { } % #1 empty so nothing prints
    { \BassBridge } % prints #1
    { } % this is #3 but it does not print
    { \BassVerseB } % prints #3
  }

The one that prints #3 should print #4.  It would almost make sense if
it printed #2 if it wasn't counting the empties but printing #3
suggests that it is counting them ultimately.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Big Smoke Music