Re: Lyrics problem

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Lyrics problem
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2016 21:27:02 +0200

> Hi all
>
> I have a problem with lyrics in a voice that splits in two parts for only
> one or two measures, so you don't want to make two different voices.
> Lilypond gets confused and skips a part of the music.

Nope. LilyPond doesn't get confused.
More likely you forgot using the  << ... \\ ... >>-construct means the
upper voice is called "1", the lower "2".
So \lyricsto "one" can't work, there is no Voice "called "one" at this moment.

See:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/multiple-voices#single_002dstaff-polyphony
scroll down to "The double backslash construct"

> Who could solve this problem for me?

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/techniques-specific-to-lyrics#divisi-lyrics
The second example

Or
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/multiple-voices#single_002dstaff-polyphony
Scroll down to "Temporary polyphonic passages"

Cheers,
  Harm