Re: Extracting symbol location

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Extracting symbol location
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 10:33:51 -0500

Hi Lukas,

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 8:21 AM, Lukas Tuggener <address@hidden> wrote:
> Tanks to this \assignIDs function and the information in the svg its pretty
> easy to find the correct location of a given symbol.
>
> The problem im stuck with right now is creating meaningful labels. The way
> the ID is constructed right now is Name+Momentum?+RelativeLocation.

moment = fraction of a whole note

The moment I've included gives the absolute rhythmic position in the score.

> And i am not able to tell eg. bass and treble clefs apart.
> Is it possible to dump more information about the grob this id tag? Such
> that it is unique to what symbol is printed.

Yes, you have access to a number of properties.  In the attachment I
use ly:grob-properties to get at these.

Note that to display the clef type in a nice way, I had to create a
lookup list based on two properties: 'glyph-name and 'staff-position.
There's no property that returns "alto," "treble," etc.  If you're
wanting to display "whole note," "half note," you'll have to do
something similarly ugly.

> I am totally new to lilypond, sorry if I spam you with trivial questions. If
> you could point me to the relevant parts of the doc it would already help.

There's no tutorial-type documentation for this stuff.  The best I can
do is refer you to the Internals Reference
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/internals/index.html) and
to the lists when you get stuck...

HTH,

David