Re: Question: Cross compilation

From: Chris Yate
Subject: Re: Question: Cross compilation
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 18:25:12 +0000

Hi Phil,

Sigh... Yes, that's basically the conclusion I'd already come to, but that it seemed such a ludicrous state of affairs that _somebody_ must have a better solution.

I've just installed mingw on Ubuntu, which might possibly do the job...

At the moment my scores have a habit of crashing at line 1180 in page-breaking.cc when an assertion is thrown; that only happens under Windows. And I reckon I can now see why it hasn't been investigated seriously by anyone!! (although it's possible it could be an issue with one of Lilypond's library dependencies.).

It should not be so difficult to work on open source stuff on any platform. And it's not Microsoft's fault, presumably a lack of demand... (I'm not blaming anybody here, by the way.)  In terms of the time I've wasted, I'm fairly seriously considering that I might buy Sibelius and be done with it. Given that most of my colleagues in music expect me to be able to send them .sib files to share, it's probably inevitable. Shame.

Chris