Re: question about minor + fourth

From: Benjamin Poly
Subject: Re: question about minor + fourth
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 13:27:09 +0200

Awesome it's working perfectly !

Thank you very much for your help :)

Le 28/08/2016 10:33, Thomas Morley a écrit :
Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

Thanks for the code you sent me in private Jacques, it's full of useful
examples but I still can't make this particular chord work.

I want to display a minor chord with a fourth like this: "Am (add4)". That's
all I want to do.
First I'm surprised that I have to specify the chord (in the variable
chExceptionMusic) in a note to note format (in this case <a c e d>). Is it
not possible to specify it in a chord name format ?
You would need to do it in \chordmode but there the "-"-sign has a
different meaning,
One can use _ here I guess.  Unpretty, yes.

An in-ly-file proof of concept:

\version "2.18.2"

%% define the new behaviour
chExceptionMusic = {
  \chordmode {
    a1:m4.5_\markup { m (add 4) }
    c1:6_\markup { \super "major plus 6" }

%% add it to other exceptional settings
chExceptions =
#(append
  (sequential-music-to-chord-exceptions
    (make-sequential-music
      (extract-named-music chExceptionMusic 'EventChord))
      #t)
  ignatzekExceptions)

m = \chordmode { a:m4.5 c:6 }

<<
  \new ChordNames
    %% use the new namings in this context
    \with { chordNameExceptions = #chExceptions }
    \m
  \new Staff \m

Didn't look in the source-code for now, though.

Should I go for it?
What do people think?

Cheers,
  Harm