Some newbie questions...

From: K Richard Pixley
Subject: Some newbie questions...
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 14:59:55 -0700

Hi.  I'm new to lilypond.  I've read through much of the manual and I
have a few questions outstanding.

1) Can lilypond do Nashville style chords?

I mean, I'm sure it can, one way or another.  What I'm really asking is
if it is as simple as it is to do regular chords.  Or what might be
involved.  (Pointers to documentation would be fine, thanks.)

2) Can Lilypond do fakebook style slashes?

I found both of these here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chord_chart

3) How far has anyone gotten in midi ->  lilypond translation?

What I'm really looking for, actually, is a computer format that tracks
time signatures, key signatures, chords, and section markers like
"verse", "chorus", and "bridge".  Lilypond seems to cover most of those
so I'm considering using it as an intermediate format in a project.  If
anyone knows offhand of any other candidates, I'd appreciate pointers.

Thanks in advance.

--rich