Re: LilyPond logo?

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: LilyPond logo?
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2016 23:00:13 +0200

Or even:

%%%%
\version "2.19.46"

lilypond = \markup\concat {
  "Lily" \hspace #-.6
  \raise #.5 \rotate #170
  \fontsize #-4 \musicglyph #"clefs.G"
  \hspace #-.5 "ond"
}

\markup { \with-color #red \bold "13. " "Music engraving by" \lilypond "2.19.46—www.lilypond.org" }
%%%%

Tests update enclosed.

Cheers,
Pierre

Am 06.08.2016 um 17:51 schrieb Malte Meyn:
- #8 of course would need a pad to recognise it as a water lily rather
than a generic flower; this was just a test to demonstrate a more
realistic (?) positioning of petals, not a complete logo. Maybe I’ll try
to add a pad.

Here is an attempt to use this petal positioning in a logo. I’m not 100% happy about the center of the flower and I’m not sure how many petals one should use … but this probably depends largely on the petal shape. I think I didn’t find an optimal shape yet; maybe one also has to cheat a little bit and differ 1 degree or so from the golden angle to get better results.