Re: LilyPond logo?

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: LilyPond logo?
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 18:27:24 +0200

Am 03.08.2016 um 18:07 schrieb Pierre-Luc Gauthier:
The concept is fine I am sure, but the execution difficult, and acceptance
problematical.

I know it’s difficult but does that mean one cannot try?

Logo design is fraught with difficulty, and you will inevitably end up with
something half the population does not like.

I think that might be realistic but not problematic. If someone doesn’t like the logo, they don’t have to use it; of course it would be nice to have something that is at least acceptable for most people.

And this argument works also for the current logo (an image of a waterlily flower, two leaves, and a score in the background): It’s a nice picture, but I don’t like it as a logo because it cannot be used in print (at least in small sizes).

I agree,
but since there already *is* a logo,
wouldn't it be acceptable to "simply" make it a b/w vectorialised
version of it?

That would be nice but I doubt one can make a convincing b/w version of that. Even if you leave out the background it’s a very complex image. And even if you manage to make a b/w version of that it’s not usable at small sizes.