Re: notation of wind chimes

From: bart deruyter
Subject: Re: notation of wind chimes
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 07:02:00 +0200

hey,

thanks for the scanned fragment :-)

grtz,
Bart

Hello Bart,

From Adler’s book:

HTH!

JM

Le 29 juil. 2016 à 13:44, bart deruyter <address@hidden> a écrit :

Hey,

thanks for the tips, I'll try to find that book of Adler. Good idea to go straight to the percussionist, I will surely do.

grtz,
Bart

I think, as a reference, Samuel Adler’s Study of Orchestration is still a valuable tool.

But for my students and quick questions, I always recommend the VSL Academy:

There you can find useful information on standard notation. In your case, it though does not state anything… But as a composer,
I would place one note below and one above and use gliss. in order to produce the typical effect (I’m thinking of the bell tree effect)?

Keep in mind: David’s comment is right. Check what you intend and then use the right instrument name.

The best reference is always a talk to a percussionist. They know that stuff better than the composers (and the orchestrators, too).

Best
Raphael.