Re: Generating music expressions from within \applyContext?

From: H. S. Teoh
Subject: Re: Generating music expressions from within \applyContext?
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 09:58:50 -0700

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 11:38:48PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
[...]
> But semi-continuous controller changes in Midi don't make sense to
> require actual iteration by LilyPond.  Instead this should be made a
> feature of the Midi backend.
>
> I don't see a feasible way to do that in the current state of LilyPond
> by mere Scheme programming.
[...]

Understood. I'm actually a C/C++ programmer by trade, and I don't mind
hacking the C++ code in LilyPond if need be. It's just that the midi
backend seems very scantily documented, and the few times I've tried I
couldn't figure out exactly how it works. Well, I suppose if I spent
enough time on it I'd get it, but it would be nice if somebody who
understands the organization of the code could provide some pointers on
where things are and a quick overview of how various pieces connect.

My dream is to enhance the midi backend to support single note
cresc/decresc just by setting a Staff property. (Would such a patch be
accepted into the official code base?) But right now that dream seems
still rather distant.

Не дорог подарок, дорога любовь.