Re: tuplets in compound meter

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: tuplets in compound meter
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 20:14:23 +1000

Hi Malte,

Does the input have to match the output? Does it have to be ‘real’? I never
thought of lilypond that way.

I have to do hundreds of these sorts of mods also. Can’t you just write a
function and say something like:

\tn 5

[And live with the ‘inelegance’?]

Andrew

On 25/07/2016, 8:00 PM, "Malte Meyn" <address@hidden> wrote:

    Am 25.07.2016 um 11:44 schrieb Andrew Bernard:
    > So they are tuplet 10/9. Can you not simply set the tuplet numbers
accordingly?

    > \once \override TupletNumber.text = "<your numbers here>"

    I could. But like my solutions with scaled durations, the input doesn’t
    really reflect the output. And when you have many of these tuplets, it’s
    much to type. So I wondered whether it would be possible/nice to have a
    more flexible \tuplet command.

    > What does Scriabin put for the tuplet number?

    He uses 5 (IMO the only correct solution, it’s definitely 5 quarters,
    not 10 eights).