Slurs within & across \repeat tremolo

From: Joel C. Salomon
Subject: Slurs within & across \repeat tremolo
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 00:07:00 -0400

At
<https://github.com/jcsalomon/CrookJ-PeterPan/blob/ffd3d2a/PP10_The_Approach_of_the_Indians.ly>
is my current effort toward recreating the original score, but I’m
having trouble with the opening bars (image attached).

I can imitate the _look_ of the score simply enough:

        a16( gs a gs    a gs    a gs    \repeat tremolo 4 { a gs) }     |
\kluge |
        \voiceOne
        \repeat tremolo 4 { f( d }      \repeat tremolo 4 { f d) }      |
\kluge |

and so on (see the file for details on the `\kluge`; not related to this
question), but as `\unfoldRepeats` (e.g., for MIDI generation)
indicates, the slur is actually terminated the first time the
close-parenthesis is expanded; the effect is that of

    a( b    a  b    a  b    a  b    c  d)   c  d    c  d    c  d

when it “ought” to be

    a( b    a  b    a  b    a  b    c  d    c  d    c  d    c  d)

instead.  Possibly I’m quibbling over something that doesn’t matter (the
generated MIDI doesn’t sound different to my ears, but perhaps I need to
include articulate.ly for that?) but I’d like to know the right way of
writing this.

—Joel C. Salomon