Re: realtimeMIDI2LilyPond / realtimeMIDI2MusicXML

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: realtimeMIDI2LilyPond / realtimeMIDI2MusicXML
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 20:25:07 +0000

On 7/13/2016 2:17 PM, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jul 2016, Jonathan Scholbach wrote:
But is there a (good) program which allows you to record the music with your midi-keyboard and get a .ly-output? The main problem seems to be the rhythmic imprecision of humans playing the piano.
Another main problem is the imprecision of music notation itself. Even if the midi input is rhythmically perfect, a computer will in many cases notate things different from what a musician/engraver would write or would want to read. Many horrible examples of scores auto-generated from MIDI input can found on the internet. Google for something like "free scores".
Yes. Expect imported MIDI to need cleanup work. I still do it because it lets me focus on get pitches and durations input correctly, with no initial concerns about typesetting and appearance.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA